Kasper Knoblauch Christensen has defended his PhD
Kasper Knoblauch Christensen presented his PhD at April 26th.
Title of the thesis is “Detecting ideas in online communities: Utilizing machine learning and text mining for finding ideas in online communities”. The given topic for the trial lecture was ” What is the future of Big Data in Food, Beverage and Personal Products? – A critical perspective.”
In his thesis, Kasper has explored the possibilities of automatic detection of ideas from online communities.by using text mining and machine learning. He also showed that PLS regression in combination with variable selection can be used to identify the words and phrases that define an idea. He used cases from Lego and beer brewing in his work.
- Professor Knut Kvaal, Faculty of Science and Technology, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway
- Dr. Argic Einar Risvik, Senior Research Scientist, Department of Sensory, Consumer and Innovation, Nofima, Ås, Norway
- Professor Tormod Næs, Senior Research Scientist, Nofima, Ås, Norway and Department of Food Science, Quality and Technology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Dr. Torulf Mollestad, Principal consultant, Altran, Norway, Oslo
- Dr. Hal Macfie, Visiting Professor, Universities of Reading, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Professor Per B. Brockhoff, Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
- Associate Professor, Jorge M. Marchetti, Faculty of Science and Technology, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway